Our commitment to health and safety.
We welcome our guests in our hotel with the same warmth and hospitality we have always done. As the health and safety of our guests and employees remains a top priority for us, we are committed to fully adopt the national health protocols for hotels.
In response to the development of the COVID-19 situation, the hotel management has developed a detailed action plan of preventive measures and procedures for the whole of the hotel and each individual department separately. A coordinating team formed by the heads of the departments is responsible for the efficient implementation of this plan. A second action plan for managing possible covid-19 cases in cooperation with a certified collaborator doctor and the local authorities according to the National Public Health Organization, is also adopted. These plans have been integrated into the existing ISO 9001 and ISO 22000 (HACCP) procedures of the hotel.
The information below outlines the hotel health protection policy measures, in order to prevent coronavirus infections and ensure a safe stay for our guests.
• Social distancing measures and floor marking in public areas of the hotel.
• Rigorous in-depth cleanliness and disinfection protocol for rooms and public areas with regular disinfection of “high risk” objects and surfaces like handles, handrails, elevator buttons, etc.
• Hand sanitizing dispensers are placed at the Reception area, Restaurants and Bars and all other guest contact areas.
• Capacities and flows in common areas adapted to ensure social distancing.
• Ample ventilation of all common areas.
• Contactless payment and invoicing preference (credit card or room charging, electronic form invoicing, etc.) as well as regular disinfection of payment and invoicing terminals.
• Printed documents regarding informations, operating changes, reservations, menu and room service orders, feedback questionairs, etc., are replaced by electronic forms in Astir Beach web-site (www.astirbeach.gr) available to all guests through wi-fi access in all areas of the hotel.
• On-line check-in through the hotel’s web-site.
• Rearranged schedule of check-in and check-out time for thorough and efficient room cleaning and disinfecrtion:
Check-In: 15:00 pm / Check-Out: 11:00 am
• Groom service will only be available in case of emergency.
• Business center services are possible through wi-fi connection with guest’s electronic device.
• Provision of personal protection equipment (masks and gloves) for guests’ use upon request subject to availability.
• Infrared thermometers available at front desk to conduct temperature checks of our guests.
• Deep, thorough cleaning and disinfection in every room prior to arrival according to Greek Covid-19 protocols of operation.
• Clean up of the rooms is operated only upon guest request.
• Towels and linen change every 3 days or earlier upon guest request.
• Laundry cleaning is handled according to local legislation protocols.
• All bath amenities are individually wrapped for each guest.
• Common use amenities (except for bath amenities) and non-utility objects have been removed from the rooms.
• TV and A/C controllers are sterilized and covered with disposable covers.
• Room entry to non-residents is prohibited.
• All regular meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner) are served in buffet form. Guests must use the liquid sanitizer dispenser on entering the restaurant to sanitize their hands. Single use gloves offered at the entrance of the buffet must be used by the guests to serve their selves from the buffet. After been served, the gloves should be disposed at the special litter bin at the end of the buffet.
• Drinks and beverages are served by the F&B stuff members.
• No show cooking is in operation.
• The restaurant capacity is reduced with the tables set up apart according to the new Greek health protocols.
• Pre-seating may be activated if necessary due to limited entrance.
• Tables are covered by single use disposable tablecloths.
• Cutlery and napkins are set on the table.
• Hand disinfection is necessary before entering the restaurant.
All Inclusive program
• Drinks and beverages are served by the Lobby Bar stuff during all inclusive service hours.
• Dry and cold food is offered at the Lobby Bar buffet. Before using the buffet, guests must use the liquid sanitizer dispenser to sanitize their hands. Single use gloves offered at the beginning of the buffet must be used in order for the guests to serve their selves from the buffet. After been served, the gloves should be disposed at the special litter bin at the end of the buffet.
Activities and Entertainment
• Pools operate on reduced capacity (1 bather/5m2). A minimum distance of 2 metres must be kept between sunbeds of different sets. Sunbeds are disinfected before used by another guest. It is strongly recommended to have a bath before and after using the swimming pool.
• Beach capacity is also limited by Greek health protocols and distance sunbeds rules are in order. Sunbeds are also disinfected before used by another guest.
• Spa operates under strict distance, cleaning and disinfection measures.
• Only open-air events, sports and entertainments involving a small number of participants and without close contact will be made available.
• Conference room is available only with limited capacity according to the Greek health legislation.
• Children can use the open-air playground and children swimming pool under supervision.
All the members of our staff have received an intensive and detailed training on the adopted measures to comply with all the necessary requirements of the Greek hotel hygienic protocols. They are provided with all required personal protective equipment (masks, gloves, screens) which they must use at all times. All of our staff is submitted to temperature testing before starting service.
Help us keep all guests and staff safe by adopting the following basic hygiene rules of World Health Organization for avoiding the coronavirus spread:
• Hand Hygiene: Wash your hands regularly with soap and water and use the antiseptic solutions that we provide at the entrance, front desk, restaurants and bars to sterilize your hands. Avoid touching objects that are in public use or sharing things with other people. Do not touch pets or other animals.
• Social Distance: Keep safe social distances with other guests, employees or other local people and tourists. Avoid handshakes and other direct body contacts.
• Infecrtion avoidance: Avoid touching your mouth, nose or eyes. If you you have to cough or sneeze, it is best to turn away so that there is a distance of at least two meters between you and other people. Please use a single use tissue which you should then dispose of it in a bin with a lid. When sneezing or coughing, if no tissue is available, keep the crook of your arm in front of your mouth and nose. After blowing your nose, sneezing or coughing, wash your hands thoroughly, either with alcohol-based disinfectant or with soap and water.
We continue to work towards providing the best service possible while guarding the safety of our guests and associates, following the latest advice and recommendations from the World Health Organization (WHO) and the local authorities in Greece. We constantly evaluate and update our health policies and procedures, following the latest Greek legislation, regulations and health measures and protocols.
For more information regarding tourism health protocols, please consult the Greek Ministry of Tourism via the telephone number 1572 or via the electronic page www.mintour.gov.gr
We thank you for your understanding and cooperation.